Thursday, January 03, 2008

OBAMAbee..He's the One

Barack Obama did it!! Yes, he won the Iowa caucus but more importantly he knocked Hillary Clinton off her high horse. She came in a measly third losing to John Edwards as well.

It doesn't get any better than this for Republicans who for months dreaded the gruesome twosome's return to the WH. The people of Iowa rejected her air of entitlement and her whole "ready from day one" routine.

Iowans came out in historic numbers to throw mama under the train. Younger men and women and first time voters showed up to support the man that promised to turn the page and unite Americans. He praised America and gave a hopeful, positive speech that gave me goosebumps. Reminded me of JFK, and yes, Ronald Reagan..."the shining city on the hill".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hypnotized by the junior Senator from Illinois, but I'll always be grateful to Barack Obama for beating Hillary Clinton and giving her, what had to be, the worst night of her life. Ahhhh...it was sweet.

Mike Huckabee, McCain, the race in New Hampshire....I'll think about it tomorrow.

Discussion here.

No comments: